The 1922 Artcraft Theatre is just off of the courthouse square in Franklin. It originally hosted silent movies and vaudeville. It was also used by the local high school and Franklin College for plays and performances. In the 1930s-1940s the Artcraft was renovated into the Art Deco styled building it is today.
The Artcraft was in continuous use as a movie theater until 2000. Franklin Heritage purchased the Artcraft in early 2004 and plans to restore the theater for movies and live performances, including the orchestra pit. Upon completion, Franklin Heritage will move their offices into the Artcraft and resume their “Classic Cinema on a Classic Screen” film series.