The Rockville Opera House was built in 1912 of yellow brick. Designed in the Mission Revival style, the Opera House originally held live performances and was later adapted for movies.
Now known as the Ritz, the Rockville Chamber of Commerce purchased the theater in 1969 to save it from demolition. They attempted to run movies for a time but in 1971 the theater became the home of the Parke Players. The Parke Players have been working on restoring the theater since 1971 as they acquire funding. The Ritz also shows movies.